Cancer does not stop for COVID and neither does CAShh as we continue to provide much needed services in our community. Building on the momentum of our successful inaugural 2019 event, we have changed our 2020 format to a ‘virtual event’ to help prevent the spread of the virus. We ask that all participants practice safe, physical distancing while participating in this event.
This year’s Tour the Hills event is designed to allow our participants to walk, run, or ride to raise funds for Cancer Assistance Services of Halton Hills from June 15th to September 26th, 2020. The participants are encouraged to get donations from friends and family to support their specific fitness goals (ie: determining a set kilometer goal over the 3 month period).
Cyclists are encouraged to ride at their own skill levels, where and when they choose. Click Here for the 4 cycling routes you can choose from; 25 km and 40km ride (novice cyclists), 75 km and 100km ride (avid cyclists). These routes are a ‘ride at your own risk’. Please go prepared to fix tire punctures and bring plenty of hydration supplies.
Participants are encouraged to walk, run or trail ride on some of the amazing trails that Halton Hills has to offer. Click Here for links to trails in Halton Hills.
All ages are welcome to participate. A minimum $25 donation is all you need to register.
Fundraising Incentives will be awarded based on paid fundraising dollar values regardless of kilometers
6 Bi-weekly Incentive Periods
Periods each ending at 12:00 Midnight on closing date:
- Period 1 – June 15th- June 30th 2020
- Period 2 – July 1 – July 14th 2020
- Period 3 – July 15th – July 28th 2020
- Period 4 – July 29th – August 11th 2020
- Period 5 – August 12th – August 25th 2020
- Period 6 – August 26th – Sept 8th 2020
Solo Participant 3 awards 1st, 2nd and 3rd and 1 award for 1st Place Family
Incentive for periods 1-6 awarded based on total funds raised for that period
Participants can only receive an award once in the first 6 periods
Overall Awards – September 26th, 2020
- 3 Solo Participant levels 1st, 2nd and 3rd and 1 award for 1st Place Family
- Overall Awards based upon total funds raised for the event June 15th- Sept 26th 2020
- All participants are eligible for the Overall Award category regardless of awards received in previous 6 periods
- Incentives cannot be returned or exchanged for cash value